TAKE CARE has been developed as an acronym to be used as a to reminder to focus on the basics following a loss, death or significant life changing.
- Time that is needed to survive the grief.
- Avoid alcohol and other medications.
- Keep to some routine or schedule.
- Eat a balanced diet, focusing on healthy foods and water.
- Converse with others, especially those that have ‘been there’ and 'survived that.'
- Artistic ways of coping – journaling, building, crafting, knitting and others.
- Rest and Sleep are important coping strategies.
- Exercise to reduce stress and improve mood.
Image Source: Modified from Deb Walker's Postit Note. Royalty Free Use.