Friday, January 1, 2010

Comforting Moment: Mysteries Revealed During Times of Struggle

Even in the midst of a personal turmoil NICU Parents are often able to discover what they are truly grateful for in life as noted in this quote by author Sarah Ban Breathnach.

Ironically,
gratitude's most powerful mysteries
are often revealed
when we are struggling
in the midst
of personal turmoil.

Sarah Ban Breathnach

After our NICU experience, I discovered what was really important. For me it was family and friends who support you through challenging times and ultimately having a healthy child. I no longer take the health of my children for granted.

My children's health is something that even years later I continue to be grateful for on a daily basis.

Other Posts on Gratitude and being Grateful

Dyer KA. 2009. Having a Memorable Merry Christmas in the NICU. NICU Parent Support Blog.
Dyer KA. 2009.Celebrating Christmas in the NICU. NICU Parent Support Blog.
Dyer KA. 2009. Being Thankful at Thanksgiving in the NICU. NICU Parent Support Blog.

Image: René Blankenstein. Heart in Heart. Royalty Free Use.

No comments: